September 1, 2021 — AQR Capital Management and Copenhagen Business School are pleased to announce the winners of the 2021 AQR Top Finance Graduate Award at Copenhagen Business School.
The award recognizes Ph.D. graduates specializing in financial economics whose dissertations and broader research carry the greatest potential impact in both practice and academia. Now in its ninth year, the award will be given to four students in 2021:
- Lira Mota, Columbia Business School
- Jane Li, The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Peter Maxted, Harvard University
- Simon Mayer, Erasmus University Rotterdam and Tinbergen Institute
David Kabiller, Co-founder at AQR Capital Management, the sponsor of the award, said, “Since its inception, the AQR Top Finance Graduate Award has recognized the academic accomplishments and the future potential of some of the most talented Ph.D. students around the world. We continued that proud tradition by honoring the impressive work of this year’s winners who now join a distinguished group of past recipients.”
Lasse H. Pedersen, an AQR Principal and professor at the Copenhagen Business School, added, “Every year, our committee undertakes the exciting process of identifying the top finance Ph.D. students based on academic excellence, creativity, and the potential to make an impact in academia, the finance industry, and beyond. We congratulate these four scholars on receiving this prestigious award and look forward to the myriad contributions they will make to the field of finance.”
Winners are chosen by a committee that conducts an independent search of business schools and economic departments across the globe to seek out top candidates for the award. The committee is comprised of renowned academics, including:
- Ralph S.J. Koijen, University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Tobias J. Moskowitz, Principal, AQR Capital Management and Yale University School of Management
- Anna Pavlova, London Business School
- Lasse H. Pedersen (Chairperson), Principal, AQR Capital Management and Copenhagen Business School
- David S. Scharfstein, Harvard Business School
- Annette Vissing-Jørgensen, The Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley
The event is hosted by Copenhagen Business School and will take place on September 17, 2021.
Learn more about the award here.
This document has been provided to you solely for information purposes and does not constitute an offer or solicitation of an offer or any advice or recommendation to purchase any securities or other financial instruments and may not be construed as such. AQR and Copenhagen Business School are not affiliated.